UNLIMITED Download

Emotional intelligence
What the latest research shows

For years now, "intelligence" has been wrongly defined as the ability to solve problems logically.
.
But more and more research indicates that "emotional intelligence" is of much greater importance in learning.

.
In fact, Daniel Goleman, in his top-selling book called Emotional Intelligence, says that "at best, IQ contributed about 20 percent to the factors that determine life success, which leaves 80 percent to other forces: forces grouped as emotional intelligence."

.
Researchers Gordon Dryden and Dr. Jeannette Vos, in the world's biggest-selling non-fiction book for 1999, The Learning Revolution, expand on this total concept.

.
Vos, who achieved her doctorate in education after a seven-year research program into the world's best learning methods, describes emotion as "the key to unlock the door to learning".

.
The emotional center of the human brain is located in the limbic system sometimes called "the mammalian brain" because it is similar to the major part of the brain in other mammals. Mammals, of course, are animals that suckle their young, thus leading to bonding and emotional involvement between mother and child.

.
Dryden and Vos say the emotional center of the brain is closely linked with our long-term memory storage systems. That's why we all remember easiest any information with a high emotional content. And teacher Vos, in the chapter of the book on teaching, recommends many methods to improve education and learning by emotional involvement, including the use of music.

.
Chapter three of The Learning Revolution is entirely devoted to Your amazing brain: the world's most powerful computer. Aspects of emotional intelligence are touched on throughout that chapter.


CONTACT DETAILS FOR THE LEARNING WEB

International Sales Office
The Learning Web Limited 
P.O. Box 16384, Bethlehem, Tauranga, New Zealand 
Phone:+64-7-579-2816

The Learning Revolution - Emotional Intelligence

. Accelerated learning
. ADHD
. Brain based learning
. Business education
. Diet-Nutrition-Education
. Distance learning
. Education futures
. Education and schools
. Elementary schools
. Emotional intelligence
. Foreign languages
. Future trends
. Games - Learning games
. Games - Teaching games
. Games - Training games
. High School Dropouts
. Home schooling
. Ideas & Critical Thinking
. Information technology
. Innovation and Thinking
. Integrated studies
. IQ tests and Intelligence
. Kaizen
. Learning Disabilities
. Learning English
. Learning organizations
. Learning society
. Learning styles
. Learning by yourself
. Memory Tricks
. Mind mapping
. Maria Montessori
. Music and Learning
. NLP
. Phonics
. Jean Piaget
. Pregnancy and Nutrition
. Preschool Education
. Quotes and Quotations
. Reading Recovery
. Ritalin and ADHD
. Schools of the future
. Self esteem
. Speed Reading
. Teaching Breakthroughs
. The Learning Revolution
. TQM
. Writing Effectively

Emotional Intelligence PDF book that helps to answer the question "What is Emotional Intelligence".

Back to Top - Emotional Intelligence